EVERYBODY LOVES THE
What is the Turtle®
We are pleased to introduce a revolutionary new device known as the “TURTLE®” (the word `Turtle' is the English translation of the Hungarian word "Teknõc") also known internationally as StrokeStar or Anti-paddle.
In technical terms, the Turtle is a stroke coordinator
that helps train and warm up competitors. Fastened on the hands, this device enables the swimmer to perform a
more efficient stroke. Unlike poolside and traditional palm fin training, the Turtle safely intensifies the
strength and stamina of the muscles, resulting in significantly faster swimmers.
The Turtle® is a fundamentally new solution!
- The device is light, easy to use, and fits on any hand. It's density is similar to that of water so no extra power is needed to obtain the best result. And because it floats on water, it is easy to take on and off during training.
- The hydro and aerodynamically researched and manufactured convexly designed device decreases the palm’s resistance in the water. This corrects the swimmer’s movement coordination, as well as increases the strength and endurance of the muscles involved in creating the stroke.
- Using traditional hand-paddles may result in incorrect movement coordination and has unwanted side effects due to faulty or incorrect arm movement and palm position. This often results in unrealistic, false increases in speeds during training that do not translate into real speed increases in an actual race.
The Turtle® does exactly what you need:
- Expands traditional strength development methods on dryland or in water;
- Provides a more intense traditional strength development while equalizing any unwanted side-effects;
- Using the Turtle® enhances arm-coordination and helps develop muscle groups necessary in swimming competitions.
Here is why......
A revolutionary new way to swim faster than ever before!
- easy to use, including at warm-ups for both workouts and competitions
- no negative side-effects
- improves the swimmer's reaction to water resistance
- helps strengthen muscle groups used only during swimming
- can be used for any age group from beginner to international-level swimmers
- enhances exercises during dryland training as well
- makes swimming "more colorful" (it is available in three different colors)
- helps swimmers find the right technique for them
- and last but not least, after removing it, the swimmer has the sensation of wearing a large invisible paddle.
Have you ever wondered why Hungary is so successful in swimming? Here is the reason, besides hard training, and it is available now!
- According to Sandor Szeles, head coach of the Hungarian Jovo Swim Club, based on time results, technical qualification, international competition experience and world rankings, there is no other swim aid that can produce/provide similar results in the 12-15 year category!.
- In the Komjadi pool (in Budapest), under the instruction of master coaches, 8-10 year old children were introduced to the Turtle. By 2001-2002, the Turtle was being used for 30-70% of their training.
- Today, these children are Hungary’'s best age group swimmers. Daniel Gyurta (born in 1989) swam 2:16,63 in the 200-meter breaststroke in 2002 at the age of 13! Two years later he won a silver medal in the 200-meter breaststroke in 2:10,75 at the 2004 Olympics in Athens.
After many years of intensive research, Hungarian physicians, coaches, and swimmers cooperatively developed the best shape, size, and weight for this unique product. The Turtle is 7 inches (18 cm) long and 3.5 inches (8.5 cm) in width and depth. They may be available in red or blue colours, depending on availability.
Click here for a short movie showing the Turtle® in action.
Worldwide Distribution of the Original Turtle® |
Hungary's Daniel Gyurta is world champion again, 3rd times in a row!
The 15-year old Hungarian swimming sensation, Daniel Gyurta, Silver Medalist in the 200 meter breaststroke race at the 2004 Olympics in Athens, said: "This is my Olympic medal and that is the Turtle. I am using it in 50 percent in my practices, as it had a great part in winning the medal for me at the Olympics. It helps my stroke coordination, strengthens my muscles, and gives me more endurance. It may help you, too.
I recommend it to every swimmer."
Daniel Gyurta's continued success:
The Turtles - So Happy Together
- 2006 Short Course European Championships, 200m - Gold
- 2007 Junior European Championships, 100m and 200m - Gold
- 2007 Short Course European Championships, 200m Gold
- 2009 World Championships, 200m - Gold
- 2009 Short Course World Championships, 200m - Gold
- 2010 European Championships, 200m - Gold.
- 2011 World Championships, 200m - Gold
- 2011 European Short Course Champsionships, 200m - Gold
- 2012 London Olympics, 200m - Gold
- 2013 World Championships, 200 m - Gold
- 2014 FINA Super Cup 100m and 200m Gold
- 2014 FINA Super Cup 200m World Record
Daniel Gyurta, Silver Medalist at the Athens Olympics, with his coach, Sandor Szeles.
Daniel and many other members of the Hungarian National Swim Team have been using the Turtle extensively in their training.
Many candidates for future Canadian National Swim Teams are now using the Turtle in training!
Edmonton's Keyano Swim Team, one of Canada's premier swim clubs, has introduced the Turtle into their regular training program.
The Turtle is in use in competitive training at a number of U.S. Universities.
Swimmers at the Universities of Texas, Stanford, Southern California, Arizona, Tennessee, Florida and California Berkeley in the United States are already using the Turtle in training.